is looking for volunteers to serve in its AmeriCorps program, the New York Juvenile Justice Corps. The Corps places members in the Red Hook Community Justice Center to assist with youth and community programs, housing assistance, clinical case management, alternative sanctions and GED instruction. Throughout the year, Corps members participate in meaningful service projects to have a visible impact in the community as well as monthly trainings to support their professional development. Red Hook Community Justice Center
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK ON THE POSITION YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FOR EACH DESCRIPTION BELOW:
What are the Benefits?
- Educational grant award of $5,550 which can be used toward tuition or student loans
- Living stipend of $12,100
- Basic health coverage
- Childcare reimbursement
- On the job and supplemental job training
- Professional development and networking opportunities
What are the Qualifications?
- Commit to serve for 1 year from October 1st 2011 – September 30th 2012
- Serve a minimum of 35 hours per week (for a total of 1,700 hours in 1 year)
- Participate in monthly trainings and service projects with the Corps including some weekend and evening obligations
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old by October 1st 2011